New for 2017
A unique two-day programme to equip procurement professionals with tools and techniques to implement, enhance and challenge strategic category management.
In-company pilot programmes will be available in October and November, 2016. To register your interest in attending these, please click here
Next Open Programme
- Benefit from a highly interactive programme that is focused on your situation and your needs
- Designed and delivered by a former CPO with a wealth of global experience, learn from real-world examples
- Take the opportunity for peer to peer benchmarking and learning, facilitated by a former CPO with both in-depth strategic category management and senior operational experience
- Use tried and tested templates with an action plan to take back to the office
- Target key competitive improvements as well as reinvigorating procurement savings, allowing you to move faster through the maturity curve; from a back-office function to a valued business partner
Who should attend?
- Procurement professionals who are looking to further develop their strategic category management skills and knowledge.
- Identify the key attributes of a leading category strategy organisation
- Define how competitive advantage is created and how developing suppliers contributes to the strategic success of the business
- Create a compelling business case to gain senior support for investment in teams; enhancing strategic category management
- Develop techniques for advanced stakeholder management, including mapping and demonstrating value to key stakeholders
- Apply engagement and communication techniques to support the Procurement function, the wider business and external suppliers
- Create an action plan to lead the implementation or development of strategic category management
The programme is delivered utilising the 70:20:10 framework of learning, applying a variety of delivery styles: interactive facilitated sessions, case studies, exercises, delegate presentations, facilitator-led coaching, peer-to-peer coaching and learning together.
Each delegate will receive a playbook containing tools and templates and an action plan to take back and implement post programme.
Ongoing mentoring support available post-programme to support and embed learning back in the workplace. Please contact us for more information.
Module 1: Introduction to category management
Module 2: Business alignment
Module 3: Stakeholder management
Module 4: Change management
Module 5: Building a category strategy
Module 6: Organisational considerations
Module 7: Creating your playbook
Module 8: Overcoming obstacles
Accelerating Strategic Category Management is accredited by the Institute of Leadership & Management.
The ILM is a leading awarding body for Leadership & Management operating globally within 48 countries, recognised by employers for its quality, innovation and relevance to the modern workplace.
Programme attendance includes a 12-month ILM studying membership, helping you to maximise your success.