22 May 2015by Catherine Wheelhouse
Developing A Successful Category Management Strategy
Category managementCategory ManagerCategory StrategiesCompliance developingEnvironmentImplementing Category ManagementLeadership Strategic Category ManagementTalent and Leadership
Get your category management strategies right and you can open up a whole host of new opportunities for the function and the business. But there are those out there looking at how they can implement a strategic category management plan and need your help to do so.
In a Procurement Leaders Collaborate group some of the questions that the community have been asking include:
- How do you code/classify suppliers, and what are the definitions which have built those classifications?
- What are the three most important activities a category manager should perform?
- What steps have you implemented as part of your category management process?
- How do you ensure compliance with your category strategy from a process and communication perspective?
To stimulate discussion on the topic Procurement Leaders will be bringing this topic to a live environment on the first day of the World Procurement Congress in London. Some of the questions that will be covered in these discussions will include:
- How procurement can bridge the gap between global and local agendas when implementing category management?
- How spend under-management can be handled
- What procurement should do to ensure that stakeholders are more engaged?
The session will begin with a brief presentation on best practice in category management Participants will then be divided into a number of small working groups, with each one addressing one of these key questions. Following these discussions group leaders will then provide a summary of the discussions.
To find out more about the advice shared visit the online collaboration group here or to find out more about the World Procurement Congress click here.
Posted by Catherine Wheelhouse