What our clients say
Learn more about our clients
Discover employment opportunities
- Our service offering
- Our approach
- Meeting executive challenges
- Features and benefits
- Global offices
- Advisory board
- Awards & recognition
- Charities we support
Procurement Leaders - the global intelligence network
Founded in 2004 and headquartered in London, Procurement Leaders is a global membership network serving major corporations and procurement, sourcing and supply chain executives. We provide independent procurement intelligence, professional development and peer to peer networking via our award winning online information resource, events and training solutions. Our unique insights, research and data, as well as networking and professional development opportunities, enable executives to deliver more value to their businesses equipping them with expert practices that deliver greater savings faster, reduce risks and transform functional performance.
Our membership connects, informs and inspires over 500 leading corporations and thousands of executives to enhance the contribution procurement makes to the business each day.
Our service offering
Our integrated intelligence and networking service delivers sustainable benefits to procurement functions in the following areas:
Procurement Intelligence and Strategy:
Delivered via an advanced web platform and accessible on a paid subscription, clients select access to dedicated portals to supporting strategy creation, capability development and continuous improvement.
- Community & Connect Portal
A rich source of information that helps members react fast and effectively to ever changing circumstances. Resources include an advanced networking tool, interviews with leading practitioners, project case studies, thought leader opinions, news, Procurement Leaders magazine, plus data and analysis on CPO intentions and key commodities.
- Procurement Strategy Portal
Strategic intelligence that supports the running of the function as efficiently as possible. It features detailed capability benchmarks, CPO strategy insights, executive research reports, forward looking intentions, case studies, trend reports, practical best practice guides and access to 9 sub-portals covering risk, CSR, outsourcing, supplier relations, talent management and leadership.
- Category Intelligence Portal
In-depth research to formulate category plans and conduct sourcing exercises effectively. Coverage of 11 key indirect categories and 48 sub-categories of spend, including detailed reports on each sub-category, daily category-based news, Procurement Value Opportunities, analysis on key commodities and global developments.
Events / Peer to Peer Networking : A portfolio of world class live and online events delivering unique insights enabling executives to deliver more value to their businesses. Taking place all around the world, events take various formats and are specifically designed for CPOs and first line reports.
Professional Development: A collection of professional learning courses, progression tools and education helping individuals and teams become more skilled and effective in their jobs.
To find out more about membership – click here
Building a unique model
When the founding team embarked on their journey almost ten year ago, the vision was to provide senior procurement executives and their teams with a new way of accessing unique insight and connections that could improve the value they delivered to their organisations.
The result has been the creation of an independent global intelligence network built around the international procurement community, providing a dedicated and centralised resource for accessing the latest industry intelligence, insights, trends and best practices.
A ‘shared’ intelligence approach
Shared intelligence refers to the creation and centralisation of research by a group, for the benefit of that group. It forms the foundation of our offering and delivers research pertinent to common member priorities including executive topics, operational challenges or cross-sector spend categories. A ‘shared’ model offers significant time and cost benefits as it removes the vast duplication of effort across the procurement community to gather, analyse and disseminate information that underpins smart short-term and longer-term decision making.
How the community adds value
Our unique model puts the global procurement community at the heart of everything we do. Reaching hundreds of thousands of executives every year, our vast array of connection points gives us access to a unique source of credible, up-to-the-minute and independent data. By researching and interacting daily with the community, our team of analysts keep track of the most important trends, insights and techniques that will deliver added value for all our members. Members then fit this intelligence into their own unique context and decision making to realise competitive advantage.
- Over 150,000 unique individuals interact with Procurement Leaders every year
- We review over 900,000 data points annually
- The research portfolio saves enterprise members 18,500 creation hours
- Our intelligence service supports over 500 leading corporations and 14,000+ senior executives
- Membership covers 50+ countries
- 2,000+ senior executives take part in our global events programme each year.
Meeting executive challenges
Our solutions enable executives to deliver more value to their businesses by equipping them with expert practices that deliver greater savings faster, reduce risks and transform functional performance.
Membership has been designed to address immediate customer priorities including:
- Developing procurement strategy and the function
- Building stakeholder alignment and efficient processes
- Empowering talent
- Formulating category strategies
- Achieving sustainable savings
- Delivering innovations to attack the next frontier of spending
- Managing supply risk and complexity
- Identifying trends and early-warning signs
- Risk mitigation
- Predicting the future with higher certainty
- Being at the forefront of new thinking and techniques to aid decision making
Features and Benefits
COMMUNITY & CONNECT
Value driven collaboration and best practice exchange with thousands of procurement professionals.
- Member Connect: A unique online tool promoting solution driven collaboration between colleagues and peers.
- Magazine and Supplements: The multi award-winning global publication and supporting supplements delivered to you every two months in digital or print format.
- Interviews, Case Studies, Articles: Industry stories and behind-the-scenes views from the world’s leading CPOs and businesses.
- Commodity Watch: Tracking a range of key commodity prices and insight from throughout the supply chain.
- Procurement Intentions: CPO-led intention research and in-depth analysis of future trends.
- Member webcasts: A monthly programme of leader case studies and panel discussions from the world’s foremost CPOs.
- Event VIP Access: Access to VIP sessions and networking opportunities at events.
- Connect with your peers to accelerate your projects.
- Leverage the know-how of hundreds of your peers and the procurement world’s sharpest minds.
- Plug in to the world of procurement for ‘real world’ insights.
- Get inspiration and new ideas.
Support your critical thinking and decision making with insights based on research with thousands of organisations.
- Strategy research and benchmarking: Rigorous investigation and detailed reports on key areas of focus for CPOs, including: risk, CSR, outsourcing, SRM, talent management and leadership.
- Strategy news and insights: Continuous coverage of important developments and topics from around the world.
- CPO Planning Guide: Essential annual planning guide examining CPO plans for the coming year, as well as current and future strategic issues of importance.
- Strategy Guides: ‘How to’ manuals setting out proven methodologies for each of the main procurement processes.
- Annual Benchmark: Quantitative measurement of procurement performance, linking functional capabilities with results.
- CPO Collaboration Service: Facilitated linking of senior executives based on projects, interest or expertise areas.
- Recommended Reading: Filtered recommendations of relevant content from around the web reducing the need for costly information searches.
- Accelerate and increase confidence in critical decisions.
- Realise over 6,500 hours of research time to focus on core activities.
- Back up and defend your strategy with data and evidence.
- Achieve further savings from centralised creation.
Access expert thinking at your fingertips to accelerate project timelines.
- Category Report Bank: Coverage of 11 key indirect spend categories and 48 sub-categories in a unique modular report format.
- Procurement Value Opportunities (PVO™): Fast access to potential savings and other opportunities within each sub-category.
- Category news and insight: Frequent updates and investigative analysis on supply markets and new approaches in each category.
- Category Planning Guides: Comprehensive survey of prices for each sub-category, along with detailed comparison and trending data.
- Recommended Reading: Filtered recommendations of relevant content from around the web, reducing the need for costly information searches.
- Realise over 12,000 hours of research time to focus on core activities.
- Make savings through access to expert content and an expert network.
- Fast access and continuous updates.
- Save time with all key insights in one place.
Additional Services – paid in addition to membership
- World Congress – the showpiece global industry event for leaders in procurement, innovators and their stakeholders.
- Global Forums – case study-led conferences for CPOs and operational heads in Europe, Asia and North America.
- Next Decade Series - a groundbreaking global event series for top CPOs discussing procurement’s critical role in driving organisational success and shareholder value.
- Roundtables – topic and industry driven closed-door group discussions for CPOs on the most pressing issues facing procurement.
- Masterclasses – focused best practice events with topical discussion and informal networking.
- Excellence Awards - the world’s premier recognition event attracting the most innovative and progressive companies in procurement.
- Mini-MBA for Procurement - a unique global programme of management training developing skills across key business fundamentals, all in the context of procurement.
- Newsletter - a weekly digest of what’s happening in procurement – sign up here
- Partner whitepapers & webcasts - a centralised resource of third party content including research, whitepapers and webcasts from partners and service providers.
- Service Provider Directory- a centralised directory showcasing leading technology companies, consultancies and advisory firms.
We are committed to deliver an unparalleled service to our members. We speak and visit them every day to learn more about their challenges and needs from our service. We are located in North America, Europe and Asia
5 Tun Yard,
Phone: +44 (0) 207 501 0530
44 West 28th Street, 8th Floor
Shankar Shet Road.
Pune - 411037
Phone: +91 738 7777 580
The Procurement Leaders Network Advisory Board is an executive steering committee comprised of a small group of highly accomplished procurement, sourcing and supply chain practitioners with proven track records of leadership and business operating skills.
The Advisory Board has been formed as a sounding board to help guide the future direction and services provided by the Procurement Leaders Network, while ensuring the Network maintains its neutrality and independence.
It acts to ensure the Network provides its members with access to timely and relevant information, thus supporting the development of the individual, the organisation and procurement, sourcing and supply chain functions.
Giles Breault - chairman
Giles is head of productivity and business services at Novartis. Prior to his current role, he was chief purchasing officer of Novartis Pharma AG, responsible for Pharma global sourcing worldwide.
Profile interview with Giles
Ton is a seasoned international trained counsel, business and program manager, negotiator and well experienced procurement professional. As of January 2007 he joined AkzoNobel being the first CPO of AkzoNobel. Together with the business AkzoNobel Sourcing coordinates € 8 billion spend. The corporate function AkzoNobel Sourcing is staffed with 40 FTEs, partically specialized in PR and NPR spend and the remaining staff is support and coordination: management, sourcing analysts, training & communication, IT processes and data warehousing.
Remko van Hoek
Remko is global procurement director (CPO) of PricewaterhouseCoopers and visiting professor at Cranfield School of Management. Prior to PwC, Remko was CPO of Dutch energy company Cofely.
Articles by Remko
Rick is chief purchasing officer for The Procter & Gamble Company, the largest US household products company with approximately $79bn in sales. Rick joined P&G in 2005 and is a former major of the US Army.
Articles by Rick -- Profile interview with Rick
Tom is chief procurement officer and SVP of Flextronics, a multi-billion dollar electronics manufacturer. Previously, he was CPO of LG Electronics and has three decades of experience in procurement and supply chain.
Article by Tom -- Interview with Tom
John is chief procurement officer of IBM, based in Budapest, a recent move from his previous base in Shenzhen, China. During his career he has developed one of the most advanced procurement operations in the world.
Articles by John -- Profile interview with John
Eva is SVP DT procurement, Deutsche Telekom AG, a role she assumed in October 2011. She joined the company in 1998, working in a variety of VP-level roles in marketing and vendor management. Prior to her current role she was SVP global terminal procurement at Deutsche Telekom AG.
- Innovation – in all that we do from product development to delivery channels to the internal processes and systems, we aim to be the most innovative of our peers and competitors ensuring we are the most effective at providing value to our customers
- Simplicity – breeding efficiency from consuming information to delivering content.
- Collaboration– the membership is built around the community and collaboration is a key driver to continued performance improvement
- Entrepreneurial spirit – customers and the business benefit from such a culture. Employees feel ownership and are given responsibilities to match, delivering the ideas and effort to provide leading information, tools and service to customers.
- Excellence – we aim to support our customers to achieve procurement excellence by always striving to provide excellence in our service
Awards & Recognition
2012 - PPA Publisher/Manager of the Year ( <£10m) - Winner
2011 - PPA Publisher/Manager of the Year (<£10m) - Winner
2011 - Newcomer of the Year - Winner
2011 - IPAC Business Magazine of the Year - Winner
2010 - IPAC Business Magazine of the Year - Winner
2009 - IPAC Business Magazine of the Year - Winner
Charities we support
The Procurement Leaders Awards are proud to partner with Save the Children again in 2013, raising much-needed funds to help the most vulnerable children in the UK and across the world.
Ashraf, four months, is treated at Save the Children’s mobile health clinic.
Photo credit: Rachel Palmer/Save the Children
Save the Children works in 120 countries. They save children's lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
We have chosen Save the Children because of the work they do to stop the needless deaths of millions of children under five every year, and to improve children’s lives here in the UK and overseas.
No child is born to die, but millions of children die every year from illnesses we know how to treat or prevent, such as diarrhoea and pneumonia.
The number of children dying has fallen: from about 12 million a year in 1990 to 6.9 million a year in 2011. Immunisations alone are saving 2.5 million children annually.
But, with a child still dying every four seconds, there’s still a lot to do.
Save the Children help millions of children through their work on the ground. They responded to more than 50 emergencies in 2012. They run world-class programmes to save children’s lives, and challenge world leaders to keep to their promises to give the poorest children a better chance in life.
The Procurement Leaders Awards and Save the Children are thrilled to be working together again this year and would like to thank all who attended last year's event for their support.
Let's help more children wake up to a brighter future.
If you'd like to find out more about Save the Children’s life-saving work, please visit savethechildren.org.uk